Guten Tag!
That's German for Hello don't ya know?!
SO - I'm now unemployed, with no certain job on the horizon, for the first time since I left school! It's a little bit daunting to be honest - I'm quite enjoying myself, but I'm also a bit worried about just how long I'll be out of work for. A month or so would be lovely, but the closer to December it gets, the more chances are that it'll be a couple of months - can't see many people taking on new staff in December.
The job hunt's goin' OKAY - applying for 1 or 2 a day, and had some phone calls and bits of interest here n there, but I think without German I'm at quite a big disadvantage, so gotta keep that up. It's hard to motivate myself a bit - I keep on thinking "I'm probably here for years to come - I'll learn it eventually!". Maybe not the best way to get a language learnt.
The course is finished too, which I'm a bit sad about. Learnt a lot, and enjoyed it a lot - was nice having a routine, and everyone on the course was really nice and friendly. I think it was good to meet a lot of people in similar situations as myself.
Unfortunately, due to a death in Maja's family, I wasn't able to attend the last day. I went to my first funeral over here, and as these things always are - t'was a sad day. It was a bit surreal hearing a service in a language you can't understand - I had to just follow everyone's lead and obviously I didn't even try to sing.
This weekend, my mum and auntie came to visit, which was lovely! It appears that I can happily rustle up enough things to keep visitors happy for a couple of days, here's some of those things we did:-
| Walk in the countryside - we had lunch in a bar overlooking horses being trained just before this - quite lovely. |
| KEGELBAHN (or something like that) - German bowling. T'was good. |
| Drinkin a large German beer or two |
The skyline by night |
Okay - not a whole lot new to say here - life's settlin down nicely - just need me a bit of direction and a job!
Seeya later!
![]() |
| Meat on a stick - people actually stopped and stared at these! |

We had a great time with you and looking forward to another visit in future. Thank you to you and Maja for a lovely time.
ReplyDelete