Goodbyes

So - it's me last full day in the UK, so I thought I'd write a bit about my last few weeks.

It's all been a bit emotional really!

Goodbyes started a month or so ago with a visit from Yvonne, on an abnormally nice Manchester weekend. T'was a most lovely way to start my goodbyes, and hopefully I'll have more time to keep in touch with her once I'm in Germany.  This was then....


Then, I made a little effort to see some things in Manchester that I'd not seen before, like the underground of it. T'was alright, and made slightly more interesting by the slightly racist tour guide we had (did you know that the July 7th bombings were carried out IN MANCHESTER? And by "the Asians" no less? This tour guide was not a smart man!). Anyway, this is Liam with his foolish torch headlight....

Look at his Simpsons-esque overbite!

Had me a whole weekend of goodbyes down Wales way, involving Llangollen (if your surname was Holmes, and you were opening a gardening business, could you name it ANYTHING better than Holmes & Gardens? Thought not!), then off to Wrexham to meet a friends baby for the first time. Sadly, this child is underdeveloped and couldn't speak, despite being like... 2 months old. I did German lessons for 2 months, and I could count to a thousand! Pitiful.

Saw Harry Potter - it was pretty flippin great. Went to Chester, saw these lovely folks. Say hello to them...


They were all lovely and nice to see. We went to Telfords Warehouse, which is a lovely bar with a nice outdoory bit by the canal. Was a really lovely night, and was great to catch up with friends I don't see enough of.

The next day, I met Sam, who I'd not seen in over 3 years on the Sunday of that weekend. Was nice to know that I could not see someone for so long, and it still be like old times. Makes me think it'll probably be fine not seeing most of my friends so often when I move away.

Few more goodbyes, lots nice times, and then, Aziza invited me for dinner with her, Pete and Sarah. Instead, I got a SURPRISE PARTY! For me! I was (and still am) chuffed! Didn't have a clue about any of it, and was really touched by the effort everyone had gone to (they even made me a book!!). Here's a few pics from that night....




Then last night, was a little goodbye to see Manchester off by watching Captain America (it was filmed in Manchester for a bit don't ya know?). Here's us enjoying yet another strangely nice day before the film...

I've got a fuckin' Halo!

To quote Harth "We look cool". He's right.

That's it for me - that's what the goodbye's have been like pretty much. It was nice to be reminded that I've got one hell of a good group of friends, and I'll miss you all a whole lot. I realised from meeting my mate Sam the other week that distance and time can't ruin a good friendship. You might here less from me, but when I see you, it'll be awesome. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment